From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:56:33 +1000
Ok, thanks. Geography is important when you are asking disposal questions on
the listserv as rules change with jurisdiction. I don't know if this will
help down there but up here in NSW Australia, all state government
organisations have to use disposal authorities published by or mandated by
the NSW State Records Authority. This covers state government departments,
local government, universities, hospitals etc. That's hundreds of
organisations.

NSW State Records General Disposal Authority GA28 section 16.24.5 says
property access logs are to be kept seven years after action completed, then
destroyed. Read more at *http://tinyurl.com/2eo4dna*

Cheers from Oz

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia
0407 187 333
These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and
they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and Glenn".
Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.