From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:33:21 -0400
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Rich Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Where we are now is, how do we capture the cell phone voice mail and the
> texts that are records of the organization's business?

If the state moves forward with this, they are going to have contact each
and every cellphone provider to see what can be done. I suspect that the
response is going to be "you want us to do what?" then you'll have to wait
awhile until they stop rolling on the floor and laughing themselves silly.

seriously as I see the state needs to issue a policy that says personal
cellphones are not to be used for state business. yes they can make the
occasional call, but they can't use the text message feature or voicemail.
The solution would be to identify those employees who need to be issued a
state cell phone. Then because the state owns and pays for them the state
can work with the cellular service to capture voicemails and text messages.
and just like a landline the employees will be allowed to use them for
occasional personal purposes just like they do with a desk phone

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va