From:
Karyn Palanzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:27:38 -0400
Good morning –

I have been a member of the list serv for many years – mostly as a reader
with a few contributions. I have been in this field for over 20 years.

I am currently the Records Manager for an international company with over 92
locations throughout the world. Besides the 92 “offices” we also have many
employees who work from their home office. These employees are in remote
areas or are sales personnel. We are currently using SharePoint 2007,
upgrading to Office 2007, SAP 6.0 for our ERP system which includes the HR
module, Vignette for Web and Symantec Enterprise vault for email archiving
and journaling, Outlook exchange for email.

Information is stored every where – file shares (over 20tb), computer hard
drives, (180tb) SharePoint, SAP, Web and Outlook. We do have a records
management policy but applying it to electronic records is difficult - nothing
everyone on this list does not already know and struggle with every day!.

We have solicited RFPs from several vendors and believe that both Open Text
and EMC Documentum (plus other modules) can satisfy our list of 214 system,
technical, business, and functional requirements. Our plan is to pilot the
solution we feel will best meet our needs and then start a controlled rollout
next year. As you are aware, there is a lot of work which must done before I
can even think of rolling it out.

I am going to be contacting references the vendors supplied but I know they
will have provided the best references for their product and I feel that by
contacting this list I will obtain better feedback and information.

I would like to speak with other personnel who have already made a
commitment to use either Open Text or EMC Documentum (why you selected
one vendor over the other) or to personnel who have started to implement or
have already implemented a solution and get an understanding of difficulties
encountered, pleasant surprises, what has worked, user interface experience,
what hasn’t worked that you thought should have worked but didn’t, etc.

Please contact me off list to discuss. If I receive feedback I will be glad to
share what I have learned with this list.

Thank-you!!

Karyn Palanzo, CRM, ecmm
Director Records Management
203-573-2046