From:
Leanne Snoeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:57:43 -0400
Hello all,

Here is a little introduction as I am new to subscribe to this list:

I am also a student in the Columbia graduate program for digital asset
management and was directed to this list by my professor. I work in
educational publishing as an editor/project manager of marketing materials
and am the de facto records manager for my department. After creating an
online database for project management and record keeping we have steadily
been moving away from paper files as our primary repository for historical
project information. We now favor a more complete and standardized digital
record of the projects - which in publishing also helps us from being buried
alive! But this change has its limitations because there is still the need
(and benefit) to retaining the actual printed pieces to reference their look
at feel.

I look forward to hearing about different industries and your
aggravation/solutions with maintaining records on the digital front.

*Leanne Snoeck*

Associate Director,

Marketing Services

The College Board