From:
Sonya Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:30:46 -0700
Hi all,

I'd like to hear from anyone using Oracle's Unicersal Content Manager, particularly the records management component.

In particular, do you know whether it can support file number references - as described in the UK Functional Requirements for ERMS (2002)?  ie in addition to a hierarchical text-based classification scheme.  [excerpt below]

I know the product never demonstrated compliance with the UK standard before testing ceased.  URM (and previously Stellent) received DoD5015 compliance, but don't think there is an equivalent requirement in that standard... although I would be very happy to be corrected.

Grateful for any advice, on or off-list as appropriate.

Kind regards
Sonya

TNA 2002:

A.1.14 (M) The ERMS must provide at least two naming capabilities for classes (which will
be used for the naming of folders):
􀂄 the capability to allocate a textual name to each class so that the accumulation of
labels in any hierarchical path through the scheme are used to construct the full
text name of that class
􀂄 the capability to allocate a structured numeric or alphanumeric reference to each
class, the accumulation of which codes in any hierarchical path through the
scheme are used to construct the full fileplan identifier6 for that class
where the text name and code are equivalent in meaning and mirror the semantic
structure of the classification scheme.

Example:
Regional planning : Transport is equivalent to 300 : 50 :
Regional planning : Economic development is equivalent to 300 : 60 :
Regional planning : Public consultation is equivalent to 300 : 70 :

Sonya Sherman
Cayman Islands

http://changingthepresent.org/

"As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves... Be the change that you want to see in the world." --Mohandas K. Gandhi