From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:19:52 -0800
Hi Ben,

Really, it is very interesting question.
Every time I think how it could happened, but I'm happy that could save some records from destruction by using old legislation, where records should be kept longer or  "permanent".
In some cases managers of my previous "Mom / Dad" institutions, that were smart enough and wrote their M.A. or PHD on the base of archival records, were surprised when saw that Archives keeps more records that retention periods required. After realizing that, they paid more attention to Archives and Records management.

I found one book, that may give you some answers
result (0.30 seconds)

Search Results

Retroactive legislation - Google Books Result
Daniel E. Troy - 1998 - Law - 127 pages
This book finds that political and procedural mechanisms needed to ensure settled, investment-backed expectations are upset only after consideration and when a ...
books.google.ca/books?isbn=0844740233...

What was interesting for me also, is your point on "Sedona".

Could you please tell more about connection between "Sedona" and retention periods?

Regards,

Alex Babin