From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 20:47:25 EST
I had this instance quite a number of years ago.  I created an  inventory
of the contents of the cabinets and then created a certificate of
destruction with the inventory attached. Noted/Filed the Certificate along with  the
record series, inventory and appropriate retention period and final  disposal
date in the file of Destruction Certificates. That way it was recorded  as
found/destroyed in accordance with the appopriate method/time frame.

Some times we overthink. The important thing is to record the event
properly in a manner it can be retrieved.

Trudy M.  Phillips
Business Consultant
"Bringing Order Out of Chaos"
205-699-8571  Fax 205-699-3278

In a message dated 12/28/2010 7:14:38 P.M. Central Standard Time,