From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:40:06 -0800
The arguments that I was making were really in respo
Well said, Larry.

The arguments that I was making were really in response to application of that
law about hacking in this instance. Larry makes the points that really need to
be made regarding trust and morality. Trust and morality may be the basis for
many laws, but they aren't the law as such. It always gets messy when you impose
law upon matters of trust and morality.

That said, I think there is a responsibility for every computer user to be
responsible and act responsibly. If you're not technically astute, then you may
have to grant some rights to others, but you need to do so in a manner that
establishes clear boundaries.

 Patrick (IT Alpha Geek of the house) Cunningham, CRM, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell