From:
Angie Fares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:05:36 -0500
I have not used "Red Dot", but several people in the retail industry
raved about it when I was shopping for a solution.  It was the first
choice of my marketing and public relations team at a former employer,
but I am not sure if they ever implemented it.  Basically, you could
decide at what level you wanted to "declare" a record and set separate
revision control numbers on subsets.  You had to check out a web page
revision in order to change it and it kept both drafts and
final/approved copy.  It came bundled with some work flow tools that
were very impressive.

Not sure if your project is large enough to warrant that kind of cost,
but for online retailers, it was considered a "must have" for online web
shopping updates.