From:
"Mariani, Carolyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:35:27 -0400
Has anyone set up a formal, documented process for managing the email accounts of employees when they leave an organization?  Who do you include in the review?  (Immediate Manager, Legal, IT litigation rep?)
What time frame do you allow before you delete the email address from your access control list?  Do you just assign the account to someone else in the department?  What about accounts with messages covered by a legal hold (document preservation notice)?

I've begun a discussion on this with IT and HR but it would help if I could identify some best practices to support by efforts.

Regards,

Carolyn Mariani, CRM
Director, Records Management
Warner Music Group