From:
Kelly Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:26:18 -0400
Hello to the listserv!

A debate has popped up here, so I suggested contacting the listserv
population for their sage wisdom.  Suppose an organization (not us...this is
more of a hypothetical) puts their electronic information into a content
repository.  This organization has a records management module to manage
the records, including the disposition of these records.

Now, say that the organization has one of those products that assigns digital
management rights to the information...things like who can read, print or copy
a particular record.  Would those 2 different modules, working on the same
record, cause problems?

Can a person still declare an item a record and classify it AND also assign
rights to it?  Can the record be destroyed if it has these rights assigned to it?
Is it possible that the records folks can't do their jobs and put records and
information on hold with these rights assigned?

Thank you very much, and if you'd prefer to contact me off-list, my contact
info is below.

Kelly Hamilton, CRM
Records Analyst, Safeway
Phoenix, AZ