From:
Stephanie Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:00:26 -0500
Since your legal team has approved the records retention schedule they have
essentially already approved the destruction of those records.  You should
have a process to validate the records being destroyed are the correct
records, assign an approver (many organization use the department manager
that owns the information) once approved retain a record of that destruction
for audit purposes.