From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:43:58 -0500
An extremely interesting article on Digital Rights Management and copyright
infringement from Cory Doctorow.  He is often polarizing, but it's always a
fascinating read.

Wayne Hoff, CRM
Calgary, AB

"General-purpose computers are astounding. They're so astounding that our
society still struggles to come to grips with them, what they're for, how to
accommodate them, and how to cope with them. This brings us back to
something you might be sick of reading about: copyright.

But bear with me, because this is about something more important. The shape
of the copyright wars clues us into an upcoming fight over the destiny of the
general-purpose computer itself."

By Cory Doctorow

http://boingboing.net/2012/01/10/lockdown.html