From:
Steve Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:04:51 -0600
Better check out USA Dept of Labor, Wage & Hour Division regulations on
"timesheets" for non-exempt personnel.   At one time they had a requirement
to retain the "original" timesheet; no matter what the media or format.  I
believe their Fed requirement was for only eighteen months; but they were
very firm on "original copy and format."   Soooo, if the process and
workflow in your company is to fill out timesheets on paper and then
somebody inputs into a system; the requirement was to retain the original.
This is the exact type of reg. I hate, nevertheless it must be followed.
One should check out 29 CFR to verify that this is still current.

I hate paper ...

 --
Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM