From:
John Montana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 12:17:21 -0500
Ah, The paperless office rears its ugly head again. This one's been
coming up since I started in this business a very long time ago, and
each time the paperless office is right around the corner. We could
probably dig up all of our old e-mails on this very topic from 15 years
ago and recycle them verbatim. I myself run a paperless office,  and I
work pretty hard to avoid having any paper at all, and I'm sitting here
at a very large desk that's covered with paper.

It's sort of like the end of COBOL. They've been predicting it since I
was in college in the 80s, and it's never happened. I was just talking
to an elderly COBOL programmer the other day, and not only are his
skills not obsolete, he's actually making more money these days than he
has in years because now there's a shortage of COBOL programmers. All
the old guys are dying off or retired, and the new guys don't learn it.

In both cases, I'll believe it when I see it. And I haven't seen it yet.
--
Best regards,

John
John Montaņa