From:
Ben Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:49:17 -0400
I believe the 2010 feature that Microsoft offers out of the box is MRM
(Message Records Management) which can be very useful in my opinion.  You
should look into that.  Seems simple to me to use as well.  RIM sets the
retention policies (i.e. auto deletes and extended retention capabilities; IT
puts the policies in place; and  users tag messages 'in place' with extended
retention for their business records.  For instance we will provide a 3 year
capability to a subset of our users, and then only a select few groups will
have the ability to save email in the email system for longer than 3 years and
they will only have the retention period options that we provide them.

This could work well for you too, but your mailbox sizes need to be pretty
large.  If you have a 100 or 200 mb limit, for example, asking a user to save
email in the email system for 7 years is not reasonable.

Ben Greene, CRM
Minneapolis, Minnesota