From:
"Alfaro, Vladimir" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2013 16:05:36 +0000
Good morning to all!

Anyone in the RM world considering the use of Box instead of SP as their main content management tool?  We have begun an analysis phase to review whether Box can be used instead of SP to manage all our key records, etc.  In doing some initial research I noticed that there is really no classification available in Box, this, of course, would make the  management of the content in Box very hard.  Also, I noticed that they really don't have any retention tools available.  I am not sure if other companies that are using Box have already requested to make these improvements - I have a call with Box Mgmt for later this week, so I will find out.

Personally, I think that comparing Box to SP is like comparing apples and oranges.  From a collaboration perspective, I think Box is a very intriguing possibility and can give SP a run for its money. With its user friendliness, free storage and true mobility offerings Box is certainly positioning itself to becoming or has become a major contender in the Cloud world.  However, as a platform to manage key records, etc., without a true RM component attached to it, well, I think Box is not close, yet!

What do you folks think?

Vladimir