From:
Andrew Penta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:59:42 -0400
Hi Tyrene,

I don't know if this is the kind of response that you were looking for, but I
often find when I'm working with an SME in another area of the organization, I
usually want to find out what their current practices and policies related to
records management are. Quite often, because they are sensible, professional
people, they will have already created a filing classification or other RIM-
related process that has at least some resemblance to "Principles" best
practice. If I need to provide advice, there is some foundation to begin
working with. Even if there is considerable work to be done to improve their
records program, I try to build on what they are currently doing.

My interpretation of the Code of Ethics includes attempting to make others
feel that they are part of the process, and that their ideas have value also. I
believe that any way RIM can be made a cooperative endeavor, that is best.

Andrew Penta, CRM
Records Officer,
Clark County, Washington