From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:17:58 -0400
Judy,

Good point about the business associate's agreement (BAA) - this should be
on the top of the list of items they need in place.  Which begs the
question in my mind - does the hospital have a general counsel on staff?
If not sounds like they need to get one who specializes in HIPAA and other
healthcare issues fairly quickly.  And since they are a children's hospital
they probably have Medicaid patients, which means they need to understand
the state's Medicaid recordkeeping requirements in addition to retention
for minors medical records.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]