From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 13:57:47 -0400
When I attempted to access I had to log on.  But my main point is that it
should be obvious to employers and included in a list of resources
available to them.  I suspect ARMA spent big bucks to develop the Core
Competencies.  I even remember the big hubbub when they were posted.  The
ICRM announced that the Competencies were going to be considered in the
exam development process.   I know there is only so much space to put on an
entry page - I deal with it managing the ICRM website.  But If the document
is still valid (I suspect it still is) shouldn't it be readily available
for anyone to find?

My intentions are not to knock ARMA and the ICRM - I know both have limited
resources.  I've been a member (mostly lurker) of the listserve for over 10
years and the complaints about job requirements, salaries and even the
employment market comes up every so often. IMHO we do a poor job of
marketing our profession and reaching out to HR managers who are
responsible for recruiting us.

Sometimes we are our own worse enemies...

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco