From:
Abdul Rahman Mohd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 00:16:41 -0400
I am currently working at the Corporate Records Centre in an Oil & Gas
company in Doha, Qatar. We are in the process of looking for a suitable
Records Management software that focuses on the physical records but
upgradable to cover electronic records in the future.

The Records Management software should cover all the necessary Records
Management functions including retention management development &
maintenance, records centre operation functions, space management and
back charging modules.

Our Records Centre facilities serve to nearly 100 departments, each with their
own RRDS (retention schedules) to manage their records. The records centre
keeps all semi-active and inactive records of all departments based on the
retention schedule of each department. Our daily operation mainly deals with
requests for boxes, deposits, retrieval, & disposals.

Currently, we are using an in-house developed system which handle the
approval cycle of each request. The system also keep a database of about
60,000 records boxes and linked to our Intranet system for staff information
and department details.

I would appreciate for any recommendations of a suitable RM system available
out there or any experience to share with us.

Thank you.