From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:08:49 -0700
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 7:00 AM, mwhaider <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks Hugh,
> You have articulated so well the irritation I have with Google - even with
> Gmail.  They have made it very difficult to just download a basic document
> attachment - apparently they are trying to force us to save everything to
> their drive.  So many of the technologies are designed, and redesigned,
> only for the benefit of the designer rather than the user.  Yes I know it
> is free, just like Facebook etc.  I guess it is time to find a service that
> gives me what I want.
>
> Mary

Mary-

This is part of the problem with relying on "free services"... in order for
them to be able to continue providing it free, they have to find ways to
make it more effective/efficient for them.  Google or whoever, this is
going to be the case... Even in "paid models" like M$Office365, and
Pay-as-you-go Google, you're going to see these tradeoffs for using their
'services' at a reduced price as opposed to buying them for direct
installation as an app on your system and managing both the application and
content locally.

There are ALWAYS going to be trade-offs, you just have to determine what
you're willing to "give" for what they "take".

I think in many cases, to get what most of us might "want", we're talking
about spending a TON of money and the benefits might not justify the cost

Larry

*Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*