From:
"McLallen, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:09:31 +0000
Interesting timing as we are going through our annual performance reviews right now. With my employer, we don't just get a review from our supervisor, we are reviewed by a total of eight separate people. Three customers/co-workers or our choice, three customers/co-workers of our supervisor's choice, the supervisor of course, and ourselves. It is then up to the supervisor to compile the information into a single unit. Do the reviews from co-workers and customers really reflect on the final product? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But it at least gives our supervisors an idea of what we are really accomplishing from the point of view of our customers.

The problem, of course, is that I have to write a review for myself and several more for co-workers, so the whole process becomes rather time consuming. Also makes me very grateful that I am not a supervisor anymore. The supervisors will spend the majority of June locked in their offices trying to get the processes completed. In the case of my supervisor, she must compile and complete reviews for fifteen people, which means going through 120 reviews to put the information together. I do not envy her.

David R. McLallen, ECMp
Boulder County Records Manager