From:
Charlie Sodano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:12:39 -0700
Dave is a very knowledgeable guy that I've known since 1997.  He brings up the fact that there are a lot of people out there who are not "mainstream" records managers like many on the Listserv.  One of my own areas of specialization is scientific laboratory automation which includes management of this kind of information.  There are other information management professional organizations out there who have members involved in lab automation like the American Chemical Society's Chemical Information Division.  Participation in ARMA as well as the ACS enables people to cross fertilize via information sharing.

Dave's point is that there are many flavors of Records Managers out there and ARMA members should embrace all.  Diversity facilitates changes in paradigms.

Charlie Sodano, PhD
CEO eOrganizedWorld
Cell: (925) 231-5909
www.eorganizedworld.com