From:
Dean DeBolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2014 14:45:17 -0500
Regard the jail conditions and explosion here at Pensacola, it appears it
was a gas leak in the kitchen area.   But the jail has been at the center
of controversy for years; it is not in great shape, it floods all the time,
and they were cleaning out flooding again from Tuesday's storms.   The
county commission and the sheriff got into a wrangle last year over who was
going to operate the jail; he needed more money, they didn't want to give
it to him.  So on October 1, I think it was, the Sheriff turned the
operation over to the County Commission.

Dean

Dean DeBolt, University Librarian (Professor)/University Archivist
University Archives and West Florida History Center
University of West Florida Library
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
[log in to unmask];   850-474-2213