From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2014 19:14:02 -0500
Supreme Court Justice Stewart wrote;

I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I
understand to be embraced within that shorthand description ["hard-core
pornography"]; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so.
But *I know it when I see it*, and the motion picture involved in this case
is not that. *[Emphasis added.]*
—Justice Potter Stewart, concurring
opinion<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurring_opinion>in *Jacobellis
v. Ohio* 378 U.S. 184 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_citation> (1964),
regarding possible obscenity in *The Lovers
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lovers_%281958_film%29>*.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_it_when_I_see_it

your problem is much like when casual Fridays were established and some
folk came in dressed like they were going out to a nightclub or sitting on
the backporch on a Saturday afternoon.  what you want is to produce
examples but let them know the examples are not definitive as there will be
someone who looks for a loophole

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas