From:
Alex Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2014 12:25:18 -0400
Hi Adam,

Great questions and a very interesting challenge. If you are a Records
Manager, which I am assuming, let me preface my advice by saying that you
should ALWAYS run everything by your firm's general counsel or partner in
charge of retention.

If you have a retention policy in place, you should adhere to the tenets of
it. As you may know, conflict checks and other files from the point of
engagement have a long tail when it comes to retention. The ten years from
MC generally does not apply. As such, I would air on the side of caution
and keep conflict records from the 80's & 90's. You can decommission your
system so as to not incur continuing charges but you should transfer over a
record of those conflict checks.

Hope this is helpful!

Alexander Campbell
Records Manager