From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2014 16:57:26 -0500
Depends upon what they are used for. CFLs like other fluorescent lightbulbs
was not designed to be turned on and off like an incandescent bulb. they
were meant to be turned on and left on. At my house in Virginia I used them
for exterior lights. they put out more than an incandescent and lasted
longer. LEDs are dropping price and are great in the right applications. I
prefer incandescent bulbs when I need a hot bright light. It is too bad
that the government basically banned the incandescents.

in Las Vegas last year I talked to an electrician at the Venetian. By
switching out the incandescent bulbs and putting in CFLs (unfortunately
when used in the guest rooms it was like staying a cave) and LEDs they
saved over $8 million/year in electricity costs.

so I am a fan of all 3 bulbs when used in the correct manner. they are like
any other tool used in an appropriate manner they are great

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas