Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:17:03 -0500
New technologies take on records management challenges

*Welcome to part one of our two-part spotlight on records management. In
this installment, we discuss the central problem for records
management—lack of modernization—and highlight companies that have begun to
pave the way forward through digitization, automation and more. In part two
<http://searchcontentmanagement.techtarget.com/feature/Cloud-based-records-management-takes-off>,
we continue the spotlight with a discussion of the future of the
discipline: cloud-based records management.*

Whatcom Educational Credit Union had no choice but to turn to digital
records management for customer service.

In 2003, when it began digitizing business processes, branches were still
relying on fax and phone to share account information about members, so
retrieval was painfully slow. A member who asked for a copy of his loan
application might have to wait 20 minutes or more while employees tracked
it down.

http://bit.ly/1qiicRi

ht @donlueders

Source:
http://searchcontentmanagement.techtarget.com/feature/New-technologies-take-on-records-management-challenges
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1qiicRi+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar