From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:32:14 -0700
Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Bruce White <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And this is a big reason why I have not joined the Information Governance
> bandwagon.  Everybody seems to have a different view of what IG is.  I've
> also seen a couple of difference versions of the IG model.  If I showed any
> of these to my senior management their eyes would quickly glaze over and I
> would immediately lose them.
>
> For all of the knocking of records management (PK posted a blog yesterday
> in which the author stated that "records management is dead") at least it
> is fairly easy to describe; the concepts have been around a long time and
> most individuals can understand what records management is fairly
> quickly.

Two things come to mind, about this topic and we've discussed this off and
on over the past year:

"plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_phrases_used_by_English_speakers#P>"
1849, Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

and

"The Blind men and the Elephant" mid-1800s,  John Godfrey Saxe

You can grind meat many ways, add different seasonings and spices, and no
matter what happens, it's still sausage.

And lots of people can "look" at the same things from different angles, but
depending on your personal perspective, what you "see" can be totally
different.

I share my long time colleague Mr. White's opinion on this subject, for
many of the same reasons.  And for other personal/professional reasons, I'm
unwilling to support the further feathering of this bed.

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina Danville, CARIM Professional since 1972*