From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:06:29 +0000
Hi all,

I'm posting this message for Kevin Beckford at the New York City Department of Education. Kevin does not subscribe to the records management listserv.

PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY to Kevin at the email address listed below his signature or, if replying to the listserv, copy him at that address.

Many thanks!

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin
Vice-President, Records Management
New York City Economic Development Corporation
www.nycedc.com<http://www.nycedc.com/>
212-312-3903 (w)

My name is Kevin Beckford and I am a summer research associate with the New York City Department of Education. I am currently working on a project concerning the improvement of record keeping policies and practices within New York City schools.

I am specifically exploring ways in which school student record keeping practices and policies can sustain in light of school closings and merging, as well as the usefulness of digitizing student records like transcripts.

(How) are school districts across the country digitizing non-active or semi active student records (originally in paper form)?

What (if any) theory/case studies or discussion exists concerning the management of student records in light of schools closing or being restructured?

How are school districts across the country organizing the transcripts of former students?

What health and safety considerations should be taken into account when maintaining a records storage room in a school?

Thank you in advance for responding. It is sincerely appreciated.

Best,
Kevin Beckford