From:
"Wise, Brett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:48:31 +0000
Good afternoon, I was wondering if anyone has experienced the following situation and how your organization dealt with it.

The situation is the "perm out" of boxes from an offsite storage vendor.  The normal perm out and retrieval fees apply, but in addition to those fees, the vendor states that trucks/vans/cars cannot come onto their property to pick up boxes, so all permed out boxes will have to be delivered to the new vendor.  The delivery fee adds a few thousand dollars onto the costs of the project.  These costs are not stipulated in the vendor contract (delivery costs are, but not in relation to a "perm out" project).  Attempts to negotiate the delivery costs down haven't been very fruitful.

If anyone has come across this situation, I would love to hear how you dealt with it.  If possible, you can email me directly; I don't really want to shine a light on any particular vendor, I am more interested in how organizations have dealt with this situation.

Thank you so much for any info you can provide!

-          Brett Wise

Brett Wise | Records Manager | Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
Patewood IV, 50 International Drive, Suite 300 | Greenville, SC 29615 | Telephone: 864-241-1873 | Fax: 864-241-1908
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.ogletreedeakins.com<http://www.ogletreedeakins.com>

This transmission is intended only for the proper recipient(s). It is confidential and may contain attorney-client privileged information. If you are not the proper recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorized review, copying, or use of this message is prohibited.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary herein, nothing in this message was intended or written to be used, nor may be relied upon or used: (a) to avoid any penalties that could be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or (b) to recommend or support the promotion or marketing of any federal tax transaction or issue discussed herein.