From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:38:51 -0400
Glen.

We look at recordings in much the same way you describe.  We maintain
cameras throughout the university for security and safety purposes.  Our
police department also uses cameras in their patrol cars.  Our current
policy is to over-right after 30 days unless the recording is needed for an
investigation in which case the video is copied and stored on a secure
server with limited access.

Getting back to Ana's question - the definition of an "incident" will vary.
Can you give us more information on what the purpose of the recordings are
for and how they are used?  For example our recordings are primarily use
for security/safety.  As such "incident" includes potential criminal
activity toward campus facilities or individuals as well as inappropriate
behavior by one of our officers during a traffic stop or arrest.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

*"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
moving." -- Albert Einstein*