From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 15:40:31 +0000
<< Is our process and protection fair to good = any comments to improve or let me know where we are going wrong would be greatly appreciated.>>

Your process make sense, there is no easy way to complete such a project.  Suggestions I would make include:

 - Reduce scanning dpi to 300, the resolution is sufficient to provide good OCR results while limiting the file sizes.
 - Store documents using DjVu rather than PDF, doing so will significantly reduce file size while providing extremely high quality images.  See: https://www.cuminas.jp/en/djvutechnology/

Doing so will increase scanning speed, expotentially decrease your cost of storage, and greatly minimize the network bandwidth necessary to view the files.

In a past life, we used the technology successfully to provide access to a 2000+ page document (Color, 300 dpi, full text indexed .djvu) in a file size that was smaller than the two signature pages previously provided (Color, 300 dpi, .pdf).

Bill Roach, CRM

Opinions are my own and not those of my employer or any other individual or entity.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.