From:
Luciana Duranti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:03:50 -0700
The philosophy of the master of archival studies degree (MAS) at the University of British Columbia is that the body of knowledge of records managers and archivists coincide. In fact, the majority of our graduates takes records management positions. In Canada, employers hire our graduates because of the depth of their education.

We offer 6 courses focus on RM:

ARST 516 Management of Current Records
ARST 560 Records and Information Governance
ARST 575J IT Security, Information Assurance and Risk Management
ARST 565 Administering Records Under Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation
ARST 517 History of Record Keeping
ARST 556E Records Systems in the Digital Environment

Other courses are not focused on RM but cover knowledge needed by RM, such as:

ARST 556I Metadata During the Records Lifecycle
ARST 520 Selection and Acquisition of Archival Documents
ARST 556H Digital Diplomatics and Digital Records Forensics
ARST 580 Records, Archives, and the Law
ARST 575H Information Visualization and Visual Analytics
ARST 556K Research Data Management for Information Professionals

If you wish to look at the MAS in detail, please, go to http://slais.ubc.ca/programs/degrees/mas/

Luciana

Dr. Luciana Duranti
Chair and Professor | Archival Studies
School of Library, Archival, and  Information Studies
The University of British Columbia | The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
470-1961 East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Phone 604 822 2587 | Fax 604 822 6006
[log in to unmask] | www.slais.ubc.ca |
Director I Centre for the International Study of Contemporary Records and Archives
www.ciscra.org