From:
Jay Maechtlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:02:29 -0700
On 9/12/2014 8:23 AM, Tyrene Bada wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>

> Attaching .wav files would be interesting, but how would we be able to
> search the .wav files?  Perhaps if there was an unlimited budget, we could
> run a "Soundhound" or "Shazam" type technology to match what we hum
> to the .wav files.

It these are scores, you'd think there'd be a 'musical OCR' that could
create a basic MIDI tune from a score.
MIDI is quite compact, I think.
And searching by a MIDI clip should be much more exact than humming a
few bars.
(or a voice recognition to create MIDI from the humming, to validate the
recognition prior to search?)

--
Jay Maechtlen
626 444-5112 office