From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:20:26 +1000
I missed out on the earlier parts of this thread so my apologies if it's
been covered in bits I can't see.

One big cost factor in comparing in house versus offsite storage is what
happens when your volume increases or decreases? If you suddenly have to
double your capacity in house, you have to pay to expand, fit out and
resource your facility. If your volume drops dramatically, you have to
figure out how to re-purpose the empty section, or pay to maintain it just
in case.

If it's offsite (and I assume you mean commercial) then for you it's just
cash flow, all the logistics, expanding or contracting, is done by the
offsite company. End of headache.

Next time I get involved in building design, even the current, active, high
use files will go offsite. Whether you image them depends on re-use rates.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia
*0428 444 812 (even newer mobile number)*
These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and
they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and Glenn".
Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.