From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:45:10 -0400
Please join the Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA for our October chapter
meeting.  Our program theme for this Chapter Season is “On-Ramps to
Information Governance,” and our speaker for October’s meeting is Elizabeth
W. Adkins, who is Senior Principal for Information Governance at CSC and
ARMA NOVA’s president.  [That would be me ...]

As more and more companies and agencies leverage SharePoint and the cloud,
many of us are facing the challenge of how to address our requirements in a
platform that has significant information governance gaps.  In this case study
you will learn how CSC’s Information Governance team has been tackling the
challenges.  Elizabeth will share how she and her team were able to influence
the design of CSC’s SharePoint implementation from the ground up, including
mapping content types to CSC’s records retention schedule.

About our Speaker:

Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA, IGP, is a Senior Principal in CSC’s Business
Technology organization, and is responsible for consolidated information
lifecycle, data privacy, information classification, and e-discovery
requirements for IT systems and projects.  She is a highly respected expert in
information governance, with more than 25 years of experience leading
programs in large, multinational companies.  Her previous experience includes
12 years at Ford Motor Company, where she led the company’s Global
Information Management program, and 11 years at Kraft Foods, where she
was manager of Archives Services.  She is skilled in establishing processes,
technology tools, and employee behaviors that leverage and control
information assets in a consistent manner, to enable workplace efficiency and
the quality of business decisions while meeting legal and regulatory
obligations.

Adkins is a certified Information Governance Professional, Certified Archivist,
Certified Records Manager, and a Fellow of the Society of American Archivists
(SAA).  She has a long and distinguished track record of professional
leadership, including serving as treasurer and president of SAA, as president of
the Academy of Certified Archivists, and as a leader in ARMA International.
She is currently president of the Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA, and has
been voted Chapter Leader of the Year for the past three years.

DATE:  Wednesday, October 1, 2014

TIME:
6:00 PM  Registration
6:30 PM  Dinner
7:30 PM  Program

PLACE:  Clyde's of Tyson’s Corner 8332 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA (703) 734-
1901

PARKING:  Free at the restaurant

METRO:  	Five-minute walk from Greensboro station on the Silver Line

COST:
Prior to midnight September 28:  $25.00 Member, Government Employee, or
Full-Time Student; $30.00 Non-Member

After midnight September 28:  $30.00 Member, Government Employee, or Full-
Time Student; $35.00 Non-Member

Register at https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=32497