From:
Tyrene Bada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:34:10 +0000
David Steward recently made this comment:  "I don't care what your age is or what position you hold.  There is no staying even in our careers these days.  If you don't invest in yourself you are falling behind."

Keeping this in mind, how does one effectively manage employees who refuse to, or are strongly adverse to improving their skills and knowledge?  Specifically, employees who have had the "same job" for a number of years, but who are not adapting to the changes of the industry and the demands of the organization?

I realize that I am extremely passionate and enthusiastic about my career, and that not everyone loves what they do.  For me, this is a career, for others, this is a job; they come in at 8:00am and leave a 5:00pm.

And, yes, I have had my share of ARMA-related dreams.

Tyrene

Tyrene Bada, MLS, CRM
Office of the City Attorney | City of Beaverton, Oregon

Vice President-Programs, Oregon Chapter of ARMA International
2014-2015 Board of Directors, NW Chapter of AIIM

Save our in-boxes!  http://emailcharter.org

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.