From:
"Starck, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:48:01 -0600
>>Not 'picking on' Brian, just responding to the latest message in the thread.

>>The one thing that I've seen common to most of the responses to the post that is always troubling to me is how organizations are quick to set limits on the volume of information individuals can store on 'personal drives' but they seem to fail to pay any attention to the age of the information or whether it's a record or not.

Agreed Larry, and thanks for picking on me.  Age and records on personal drives are a big issue as well.  I'm trying to get the organization to understand what personal drives should be used for, and that's not storing company records.  Those should be in our records management system.  Same for the age of documents.  It's an issue we're working on.  I just didn't fully elaborate!

Brian K. Starck, CRM, CIP, IGP
Enterprise Records and Information Manager

Regional Transportation District
1560 Broadway Suite 1099 Denver, CO 80202 | RTD MC: DPB-102
303.299.2177 (O) | 303.299.6197 (F) | 720.253.3662 (C)