From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:46:01 -0400
Tony,

I suspect someone in the IRS was aware of the report.  But what are
the consequences for not following the law and associated
responsibilities – the answer is not much.  Much like the Executive
Order (EO) on “Managing Government Records” there is a lot of blister
about the federal government’s effort to deal with records - agencies
must do this and that.  But when you dig deeper you will finder there
are no penalties for not complying.

As I have noted in a previous post the Federal Agency IGs and the GAO
will probably issue additional reports although maybe not – I remember
seeing an article that many of the IGs say they need additional
funding to audit this additional requirement. But chances are no one
will be fired and agencies will not see their funding reduced for not
meeting the date and objectives of the EO.  The “offending” officials
will most likely retire in lieu of receiving a reprimand or other
forms of punishment.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your
balance you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Tony Laino <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In June 2008, the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued report
 Did the IRS not know about this GAO report and the associated