From:
Alex Acevedo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:47:40 -0400
“Records Management in the Mobile World”

Records and information is now everywhere! You find it in emails, tweets,
mobile phones, the Cloud! The more mobile our population becomes, the
greater the need for mobile records management. What proactive steps can
we take to manage these records as they consistently pop up in new formats
and repositories?

Michael Cockrill, Washington State’s Chief Information Officer, has mobile
commerce as part of his impressive background. He will share his thoughts on
how to strategically align ourselves with standards, policies, and
infrastructure.

About our Speaker: Michael brings to the state of Washington more than 20
years of operational experience building both software and software
companies in the private sector including PhotoRocket, Atlas Accelerator,
Mixxer, and Qpass. He is also a nine-year veteran of Microsoft, where he led
Product Management on MSN’s original e-commerce efforts and the client
strategy for Microsoft Merchant Server and Commerce Server, as well as
design and development of the Microsoft Wallet and the Commerce division’s
overall payment strategy.

As Washington State’s CIO, Michael oversees the state’s strategic vision for
information technology (IT), evaluating state agencies’ IT spending and major
technology projects, and establishing IT policies and standards across state
government.