From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 08:31:19 -0800
On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM, PeterK <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You can will away a lot of your possessions: your couch, your pog
> collection, even your royalties. But what happens to your *digital* stuff:
> email inboxes, social media accounts, the family recipe for spam casserole?
> What about the stuff nobody else knows exists at all, like your tell-all
> memoir buried in the nether regions of a server, locked under a password
> that only you know? What if you die suddenly before handing it over? In the
> future, as people accumulate more and more digital property, what will
> happen to that property when they die?

Don't know anything about this business offering but I AM familiar with
this one:

https://www.chronicleoflife.com/TDR

They've been around since 2008 and have a similar (but different) offering.
They're run by a not-for-profit "Foundation", all data is instantly
replicated (on upload)  in two different US States and backups are held in
the US and Ireland.

You pay once, the money is invested in an endowment and operating costs are
0.5%.  Free trial for 5MB (approx 5 photos) and pricing up to $180 for 2GB,
with an option to purchase additional space.

It's not intended for you to store EVERYTHING... but you can store some
critical items and one could be a list that provides links to all of your
other repositories and accounts with passwords to access them.   That would
allow family members/loved ones the ability to access anything else you
have stored in other free sources or repositories, then download or use
them as they see fit.

Their business model is pretty darn bulletproof... and their security and
other features are top notch.

Larry

--
Larry