From:
Christine Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:02:26 +1100
In Australia each state has a retention and disposal schedule that says
destruction certificates should be retained for X years after last action
(some organisations I know keep them permanently). These can then be
destroyed after that time/or retained (whichever is in your schedule). As
to what was in the bin the only thing you can do is reiterate that this is
for non corporate records and for such docs as drafts etc that have no
significant corporate use. I agree that there is no way of telling but you
have to ask yourself is it really worth your time to establish what was in
the bin. I would just record the serial number of the bin and leave it at
that and to the workmates. You could put a note above the bin to say what
can/can't go in.

A very interesting topic