From:
Christine Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2015 07:36:42 +1100
******* Apologies for Cross-Posting********

Dear Colleagues,

You are warmly invited to submit a paper to present at the Australian
Society of Archivists Annual Conference to be held in Hobart, Tasmania on
the 18th through to the 21st August 2015.

For further information please see the below text from David Bloomfield,
Conference Convenor.

Regards

Chris Holmes

******** Message from David Bloomfield, 2015 National Conference
Convenor************

*Call for papers - ASA National Conference*

The Australian Society of Archivists is calling for papers for its 2015
national conference.

The conference will be held in Hobart, Tasmania at the Hotel Grand
Chancellor from August 18 to 21.

The conference theme is *Archives on the Edge*. As part of this theme we
are seeking to discuss:

*Our professional edge *– what is our value and core business? Who are our
partners? How can we build better connections and partnerships?

*The cutting edge* – Tools, techniques and research – innovative ways to
keep, protect, share and interpret records and archives in a rapidly
evolving technology landscape

In the ASA’s 40th year, *Archives on the Edge* will explore some of the
most pressing issues facing our profession today. Where to for the archival
endeavour in the age of big data and almost everything as a service? How
can we better manage access and deal with changing attitudes to privacy as
increasing quantities of records go online, both born digital and
digitised? How can we deal with chaotic and abundant information flows and
re-connect the business of recordkeeping with the formation of archives?
Who should we be working with to achieve our mission? How must we adapt in
a climate of cost cutting and organisational merging?

*Proposals are requested in any of the following categories:*

*Traditional: *

30 or 45 minute session consisting of a single paper with a period for
discussion at the conclusion.

*Short paper, suitable for a panel discussion:*

Short papers of 15 to 20 minutes are sought for 60 or 90 minute sessions
consisting of panels of 3 to 5 individuals discussing theories or
perspectives on a given topic. The goal of a panel discussion is to have a
more informal session on a broad theme with some time for audience
feedback. You may nominate a short paper on your topic and the Programme
Committee will identify a panel opportunity, or be part of a group proposal.

*Interactive session:*

30, 60 or 90 minute session designed to highlight innovative archives /
recordkeeping programs, new techniques or research projects. Audience
participation is expected in these sessions.

*Students / recent graduates session:*

60 or 90 minute session consisting of a panel of 3 to 5 individuals who are
currently enrolled in or recently graduated from (last 12 months) higher
education courses on archives/records discussing theories or perspectives
on a given topic. Advice on submitting proposals for panel discussions
(above) applies.

*Workshops*:

Half or full day structured events delivering information on a given topic,
tool or theme. These will be held outside of the conference proper and may
attract an additional cost for delegates.

*As this will be a committed Bring Your Own Device conference, you are
warmly invited to consider alternative presentation methods to engage the
audience and encourage participation. *

*Your submission should include:*

   - Names and contact information for all contributors;
   - Title of paper, session or workshop;
   - Category type;
   - Any particular logistical arrangements you would require for your
   session to support audience engagement
   - Abstract of *no more* than 500 words.

*How to contact us and to submit your proposal:*

·         If you want more information, or if you wish to submit your
proposal, please email the Programme Committee at

·         Submissions should be received by *close of business Friday
February 13 2015 *

Regards,

Chris Holmes