From:
Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:01:11 -0600
Dear ListServers,

Although some of you saw the news on LinkedIn, I just realized that I had not shared my good fortune with the ListServ community.

January 5, I took a new professional role as VP for Information Governance with Duff & Phelps, an international legal services firm.  I am working with and reporting to Ronke' Ekwensi, whom many of you know.

Essentially, I am an Information Governance consultant.  When organizations lack synergy between their Records, Legal, and IT departments (and sometimes Compliance, Security, Finance, Audit and other stakeholders as well,) we can help.  The solutions may involve strategy, process, policy, tech, and/or structure, but there is always improvement to be had.

This will change neither my participation in the ListServ nor my reliance on your collective wisdom.

As you know, I think that RIM is a vital pillar of our society and an underpinning of democracy.  I'm so happy to be able to continue to work to promote it.  I am certain that RIM makes a definable contribution to our quality of life.

Currently, my travel plans include LegalTech in New York next week, the one-day ARMA Conference in NYC on March 10, and the Salt Lake City ARMA Conference on March 19.  I hope to see some of you at these events.

Thanks your continuing collegiality and friendship.  Stay warm and dry, Northeasterners.

Gordy
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM, IGP
Duff & Phelps
Chicago, IL USA