Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:55:16 -0700
Amen ....

Robert W. Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting
253-229-4555

From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Larry Medina
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 12:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Invitation to Opine...

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Gary Link <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What, in your opinion, in 2015 constitutes "legally defensible records
> destruction"? What forms the basis? What are the components? How is it
> carried out? How is it documented?

My opinion in 2015 is unchanged... if it doesn't follow your organization's policy and researched retention requirements,  then it isn't "defensible".

If you want to implement something that allows you to take shortcuts to following those, then get your "Legal Beagles" to write up what they're willing to defend to an auditor, inspector, or opposing party in a lawsuit... but make sure YOUR NAME or POSITION TITLE aren't on is as someone who makes the decision, just someone who takes the action, on a policy written and signed by higher ups.

But that's just an opinion. =)

--
Larry

*----Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*