From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2015 16:09:46 -0400
I have some questions about Lync (AKA Skype for Business); if you've had
experience with this, any help is great.  Do you have it on premises (i.e. on
servers in house instead of the cloud)?  If so, have you turned off archiving
(thereby removing the requirement to retain and manage conversations),
and have you enabled persistent chat rooms?  What did you base your
decisions on?

A higher-level question, for everyone:  if we CAN preserve a set of
information, do we HAVE to?  Perhaps turning off archiving in Lync is
avoiding a duty to preserve records.  However, using the same logic, we
can bring voice recorders to meetings and record them, but most times we
don’t.  Personally I believe that it’s time to really facilitate non-persistent
electronic communication (akin to talking face to face), but I’m not sure
how wide-spread that sentiment is... maybe Hillary wouldn't be in so much
hot water if such a thing were commonplace.

Thank you for your responses.

Wayne Hoff, CRM

Calgary, AB

Opinions expressed are my own and not that of my employer.