Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:41:34 -0500
Brian posted this on his Facebook page and he has allowed me to share it
with all here

Aloha To My FB Friend

I'm sharing this message that I sent earlier to my Tour de cure
friends...If you've received this information earlier, please excuse this
repost. I've suffered a tremendous accident, which will alter my life for
the next year...

I'm alive...and I'm finally able to use Queen Hospital's wifi to THANK our
Red Rider Team for their assistance & concern during my ordeal yesterday.

I got hit by a car while doing 10 mile training ride with friends
yesterday. My new bike is a total wreak & I'm a bit "messed up" but, Alive!

I've got a broken rib & bleeding spleen so the physicians are taking a
cautious approach for my well being to save my spleen & prevent the
internal bleeding. This all means I can't exercise & ride a bike for three
months or longer, as I have to heal & avoid further trauma.

I have (I hope) to stay another night a Queens for rest &
observation...After that, I'm supposed to stay home & rest for one or two
weeks...Not something I like to hear, but I better heed their orders or
face further problems...

Thank you once again to the Red Riders (aka Red Hot Diabetes Riders) for
being there for me...I truly feel that they saved my life...There are some
lessons learned & I hope they remove C&C trash containers off the bike
lane...

I hope this incident does deter anyone from bike riding and participating
in the Tour de Cure Bike ride...I assure you that I will be at the TdC
event with my Red Rider jersey on & cheering everyone who participates in
this good cause. Ride for me & let's find a cure for diabetes.

I love everyone & don't worry I'll get through this episode of my life...

Mahalo, God Bless, & A Hui Hou!

Brian is at Queen's Medical Center
1301 Punchbowl St
Honolulu, Hawaii