From:
"Bauer, Laura - CM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:23:15 +0000
Katy,
I am a municipal clerk in Colorado who issues liquor licenses for my jurisdiction.  We have adopted the Colorado Municipal Records Retention Schedule and the retention on alcohol beverage licenses is 2 years after the establishment ceases operation, or after final denial, expiration, revocation, termination or transfer.  Those server records should be kept with the license file. I'm not sure what retention schedule you are following, but I don't believe the Colorado Department of Revenue, Liquor Enforcement Division keeps license files permanently.  You might check with them an amend your schedule to match the states.  What would be the reason for keeping an liquor license file permanently?

Laura Bauer,  MMC
City Clerk
City of Commerce City
7887 E. 60th Ave.